Thursday 6 March 2014

Taking It A Little Further With Lydia


Howdy there! So it's my second month posting as a designer over on the Craft Stamper Magazine Blog, every second Thursday I'll be sharing a card taking an idea from my article that month. 

So in March's issue I shared with you a technique for creating a repeat stamped background using a penciled grid. Now in the magazine I drew my grid so my small stamp would fit inside the gridded squares but for this card I made the squares a little smaller than my stamp. As I have used a circle outline from the Wplus9 set 'Milk & Cookies' I have created a chain-link effect background....






The cute little bunnies and sentiment are from the Mama Elephant set 'Honey Bunny'. Instead of creating a layer I have die-cut a circle out of the background, this is a way around adding more layers but still adding interest to your cards. 

If you have created something that was inspired by my article I would totally love to see it... so if you would like to leave a link to your project in the comments section (or even over on my blog) I'll pop on over and take a look.

Hugs, Lydia xxx

10 comments:

  1. Such a great way of creating a beautiful background Lydia. Thanks for sharing. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is toooooooooooooo cute! Love this repeat stamping technique Lydia. Simple but so effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful stamping Lydia and I just adore those beautiful little bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous repeat stamping Lydia and such a sweet card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very sweet card ! Love how you add dimensions to it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the repeat stamping, beautiful background and the bunnies are seriously cute! Must try repeat stamping soon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you have layered the bunnies over the circle cut-out - VERY NICE!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, that's so cute!!! Really beautiful!... And yes, I was inspired by your article, thank you so much as I had great fun to apply your technique to create birth cards.. You can see it here http://scrapcocofolies.canalblog.com/archives/2014/02/24/29288350.html. Thanks again for the inspiration.. :) Coco x

    ReplyDelete